Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Prop 8 Decision: Gay Marriage Ban Upheld By California Supreme Court


I have lived in and visited California. My impression of how the gay community went about gaining support is laughable and apparent to me. I am sure the 'twink' population was not interested nor was the older gay male population was not interested in educating the young ones. I can't speak for lesbians, but the rule of thumb is that they had their shit together. I also , believe gays tend to be bigots and elitists assholes, despite their Human Rights Campaign.



Many white and black gay boys/twinks/men are dismissive of blacks. Their attitudes and expectations of blacks, mainly derived from watching BET or Noah's Arc, is dismissive at best. Then many of the gay black men involved, remained invisible, afraid to confront his community, allowed it to happen. Thus helping to alienated one of the most visible and powerful voting bloc of the Californian electorate.



I don't speak for all my demographic representation, but my experiences have taught me that gays can be bigots too and this decision should be a wake up call to grow up. Ignoring African-Americans in election never worked. It's time the gay community learned that.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments: