Friday, August 13, 2010

Dr. Laura's N-Word Rant: Radio Host Apologizes For Offensive Language (AUDIO)


What a silly world.



The woman should leave her husband because of his lack of respect for her emotional safety, one. Two, ol' girl needs to speak up, stand up to him, and not call a fake doctor.



I hate that word, but apparently this particular word is a remnant of a master/slave mentality used to keep 'blacks' in their place by their oppressors. And they were and are successful in doing so.



To my 'white' friends, get some street cred(ibility). If you had a hard knock life, which many of you did, share it and understand that color had nothing to with it.



To my 'minority' friends, you have a CHOICE! If someone calls you out your name it is NOT required to turn around and prove them right. If I had reacted they way they EXPECTED me to every time I heard an epithet, I would be EXACTLY where THEY wanted me to be... humiliated and detained.



It's a word. Words can only have power if WE give it to them. The power is our choice.



This goes for any epithet.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments: